View My Stats

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

“Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls” ~ Khalil Gibran

Will you love me in December as you do in May,
Will you love me in the good old fashioned way?
When my hair has all turned gray,
Will you kiss me then and say,
That you love me in December as you do in May?
~James J. Walker
You never know when love happens, in just a split second your world changes. Yes of course over the years the whole course of falling love changes… but of course the effects are almost the same always. Young or old, naïve or smart pants, tall or short, dark or thin, American or Asian, no one’s been spared ever. So how could I be immune to such great surge of energy?
People find love in various ways… music, art, work, hobbies and of course people, the latter being the most common denominator. There nothing more complex than the whole process of falling in love, an extraordinary phenomenon, which I can’t comprehend myself and maybe I never will be.
Man has been and will always be a social animal, always lonely for company. And why wouldn’t he, isn’t that the only way he could create a society. But today the ‘society’ is what dictates his needs and wants. Each and every society has its own rules, moralities, set of standards, religions, to be followed. But in this whole arrangement the only thing that’s common is man’s need for love, to get and to give, the former being the most dominant one.
As a child he is nurtured with the unconditional love of the mother, and the need for love grows deeper as he grows. This hunger for love most times surpasses the hunger for food too. Thus seeking a companion to fill this emptiness, and most of the times he succeeds in his endeavor too.
A lot has been written and said about love, and I am not going to do anything different. This magical feeling has conveyed a certain depth in my life. Love in my love too has come in many forms and regaled me, surprised me over and over again. Ever since I became capable of loving another human being, I have always been in loveJ. In love with my friends, family and many others who happened to cross my path. Today I am grateful to all those marvelous people who were and still are a part of my life.

In the clasp of a hand, in the charm of a smile,  in the endearing words of comfort, in the warmth of a hug, in the passion of a kiss, in the tender look, in the nonsense laughter, in the timely help, in the affectionate touch, in the undaunted gossip, in the sweetness of a meal, in the uninhibited shopping, in the concern of a voice which says I care, in the not so good scolding, in the random call and message just to check on, in the singing of emotional songs, in the crazy dancing, in the drinks toasted, in the thrashing of mean, in the lovely presents, in the silence which spoke, in the make ups and break ups, in the friendly advice, in  the absolute forgiveness, in the memoirs they all live.
A salute to all the special people to whom I will always be grateful for all this love.

To the ones I loved, I love and I will always love


No comments:

Post a Comment