View My Stats

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Being an “introvert”

I have always been a self proclaimed introvert in the truest sense. Socially classified you are someone who is shy, not outgoing, in short someone who is at all times in his/her nutshell.
Why is being an introvert a personality disorder? As expressed by a few people who consider themselves classic extroverts. As you might agree that every bit of our personality is carved in those extremely perceptive and impressionable years of our childhood and puberty. Most of the experiences, circumstances that conjure up during this phase, almost add to the culmination of the persona you grow up to be.
Socially and professionally it’s a taboo if you aren’t the extrovert types, and could pass off as someone who is haughty and nonchalant too most of the times. It’s quite an eye opener that almost every single personality development or leadership skills courses, want to coach you to alter this unpardonable trait. But if being the center of attention is the prime motive of the extroverts, well then in retrospect you do need an audience (and a good one that) too. That’s where I (introvert) come in the picture maybe, quite blurred too if at all.
As for me at no point in time will I refute the fact that I’m not an introvert, in fact I quite enjoy this trait of mine too. The loads of benefits that come with it are far too many, could list a few. It’s given me ample of time to spend time with Myself, and having said that, that I don’t enjoy the company of jolly good spirits would be a white lie! It allows me to gauge people before I actually decipher their space in my life. Guess that’s the raison d'être why I have the wealth of well chosen friends, perhaps more than an extrovert too. Countless creative geniuses have been by choice recluse themselves, which initiated their immense talent.
World from Within
So this recluse inside of me almost always aided to seek answers for all the complexities that life brought, within me. and the journey still continues to find your perfect self, and being your ‘self’ with all the imperfections is what matters!
Leave the extrovert alone for two minutes and he reaches for his cell phone, so what does an introvert do when he is left alone? He stays alone.
“Lucky me not to be able to get along with too many people; unlucky them not to get along with me.” Hazem R Ahmed

No comments:

Post a Comment